Nobody said nursing school would cause this much caos and disorganization, or did they? Reflecting on my nursing school orientation, I have a slim recollection of a teacher saying that nursing school would not be easy for me or my family. She even made up a song for it sampling Destiny Childs "I'm a survivor". With all this said, why am I really starting to feel the pain. Last block was primarily focused on juggling school and pregnancy - thats it, thats all I could wrap my brain around.
However, this block has surfaced a brand new demon. Now I am learning to juggle school, husband, 2 growing daughters, a newborn daughter, AND pumping on a regular to make sure she has enough milk for my 12hr clinical days. The 12hr clinicals aren't half as bad as i anticipated, in fact they are a breath of fresh air from the 2day 8hrs we had last block. At least I get it over with and have 4 days to study and spend time snuggling with my shnookums ;) Anyone who has known me forever knows just how organized and neat I am. Well damn! You sure cant tell this semester. I still have yet to organize my binder/notes, let alone my humble abode. With the new edition to the family, this place is simply too damn small for a family of 5 which can be seen every time we clean it and it returns to mayhem within a day. Is it too much to ask for a clean, yin/yang, feng shui home when you finish your day?! It makes me sick to the core, but its out of hand now and I dont know where to begin.
Although I am bombarded with information, this block presents very informative information on all the body system disorders. But I cannot WAIT for the day that i can focus on what I love...birthing, pregnancy, infants, etc. If I can get through this semester, it will be on and crackin! Nursing aint easy in the academia of it all, but caring for someone is, NOTE TO SELF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment